Retreat Cottages and Retreat Rooms at the Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center
Cottages and retreat rooms may be rented for up to one month. Our policy does not permit long-term rentals as our cottages must be available for guests who come to our center to participate in our programs.
Currently , the Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center has retreat cottages available for rental by persons who may wish to spend some time alone in a quiet, reclusive setting. These cottages are located deep in the woods on our 108-acre site.
In addition, we have 5 rooms available for rent in the upstairs of the Cultural Building. Each room is dedicated to a Buddha and is decorated to reflect the powers of that Buddha. Two bathrooms and a kitchen are available for use by those who are renting the rooms..
Deep in the Woods
Our retreat cottages have been constructed to resemble a traditional Mongolian yurt used by nomads in the far eastern regions of the world. However, they have heating and air conditioning, as well as electricity and plumbing and are equipped with a refrigerator, sink, 2 burner stove, & microwave ovens.
Each cottage is suited for one or two persons who enjoy sleeping on a futon and relaxing on a deck facing the woods. Since they are designated as "retreat" cottages, they do not have telephones or television sets. The cottages do not have wi-fi access. Free wi-fi is available in the Cultural building and Chamtse Ling Temple
Cottages and retreat rooms may be rented for no longer than one month
$50 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm rentals longer than 3 days
Weekly and monthly rentals must be paid in full at check-in
No pets without prior approval
Loud music or other loud disturbances are prohibited
Alcohol or smoking are not permitted on the premises
In shared areas outside retreat rooms, silence is requested between 10:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.
- Per Night $65 + $3.90 innkeeper's tax
- Week Stay $375 + $22.50 innkeeper's tax
- Month Stay $650 (39.00 tax)
Retreat Room Prices:
- Green Tara and Manjushri Rooms: $50.00/night for one person or $60.00 for two persons. (+ 6% innkeepers tax). There are two single beds in each of these rooms.
- Chenrezig and Amitabha Rooms: $75.00 for two to four persons. (+ 6% innkeepers tax). There are three beds in each of these larger rooms.
- Medicine Buddha - $35.00/night (NOTE: This room is adjacent to the Chenrezig Room and is rented together with the larger room room when additional space is needed. It is not rented separately). Medicine Buddha room has one single bed.
Retreat rooms are located upstairs in the Cultural Building. The rooms share two bathrooms, a kitchen area and a seating area. Free wi-fi is available in this building. TV is not available in the retreat area.
Check in Time: 3:00 PM
Check Out Time: 12 noon.
Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center
3655 Snoddy Road 47401
P.O. Box 2563
Bloomington, IN 47402
Please fill in all fields below.
Area of Interests/Comments